Saturday, September 3, 2011

Button "S": baby gift

The art teacher at my mom's school had a baby recently, and I  wanted to give her something special. I had a bunch of buttons and really wanted to make something for her. She had posted pics of her nursery on facebook, so I had an idea of what colors to use. I also knew I wanted to do something with her baby's name "Scarlett". I decided to create an S.  
I probably changed the layout of buttons 15 times. But I finally was happy with this:


However, I wasn't sure how I was going to keep everything in place. I had already used iron adhesive to stick the cloth to the paper that came with the frame. And I wanted to sew the buttons on. I ended up stick a pin through each of the buttons and sewing them on individually. This took about 3 hours. 

Next time I will use tacky glue. 

Then sew on the buttons.


But I did loooove the result and was pretty proud of my self! 

When she got it, I knew she loved it because she said she is going to steal my idea for future baby gifts. 
Best form of flattery is someone using your ideas:-)

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE buttons, but never thought to do this. I, too, will be flattering you by stealing it for my next baby gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so so cute! Great idea :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think!