The art teacher at my mom's school had a baby recently, and I wanted to give her something special. I had a bunch of buttons and really wanted to make something for her. She had posted pics of her nursery on facebook, so I had an idea of what colors to use. I also knew I wanted to do something with her baby's name "Scarlett". I decided to create an S.
I probably changed the layout of buttons 15 times. But I finally was happy with this:
However, I wasn't sure how I was going to keep everything in place. I had already used iron adhesive to stick the cloth to the paper that came with the frame. And I wanted to sew the buttons on. I ended up stick a pin through each of the buttons and sewing them on individually. This took about 3 hours.
Next time I will use tacky glue.
Then sew on the buttons.
But I did loooove the result and was pretty proud of my self!
When she got it, I knew she loved it because she said she is going to steal my idea for future baby gifts.
Best form of flattery is someone using your ideas:-)