Tuesday, August 23, 2011

I feel the earth move...

...under my feet.

5.8 on the Richter scale
hahahhaha

seismograph

epicenter

another seismograph


I was in the middle of doing a watercolor demonstration when one of my students shouts "WHAT IS THAT? AN EARTHQUAKE?" Everyone went silent immediately and sure enough everything was shaking. I hustled them out of my room into the hall preparing for a tornado drill. 

Great. Job. Mrs. Jackson. 

Well, the teachers on either side of me didn't even realize it happened, so I took my kids back in the room, explained we probably should have gotten under our tables, and continued my lesson. Pretty exciting, huh? 

My mom called half an hour later to tell me that my brother and dad, who work in DC, were evacuated because it was swaying buildings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think!