Monday, October 25, 2010

DIY: Jelly Cabinet

I bought this cabinet off of the people who the people we bought our house from, bought their house.( confusing right?)

$50

I removed the door permanently. Filled the screw holes in with white wood filler. I really wanted a white wash or pickling finish, which Lowe's does not have, with a green back wall. However, the paint guy said I could water down a white paint and that might work. I tried that, and it was still too thick, but I decided I could deal. Green wall was a HUGE failure, but in the process I accidentally wiped some of the white paint off which created the look I was originally going for!


I looove it!

 In its final stage in my Master bathroom.

I have rearranged some things on the shelf, but this is basically it.

2 comments:

  1. i loveeeeee what you did to this cabinet! i have been on the look out for a bookshelf that i can similarly make-over! thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the way this cabinet turned out. The distressing is perfect!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think!