Sunday, May 13, 2012

mommy's day and 25 weeks!


Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms and Moms to Be:-)
My mom is extremely special to me. She is everything I hope to be in a mom and everything a daughter could have wished for in a mom growing up. As an adult, I have grown closer with her and appreciate all her efforts from when I was a child even more now. Every birthday was special, not necessarily because of extravagant gifts, but because of the little handmade card at breakfast that was always a number cut out with words that coincided with the age I was becoming. She sacrificed more than I will ever know to make sure we had a safe and loving home, and she honestly deserves to be recognized everyday of the year, not just today. That old saying- Oh, no! I am turning into my mother. Well, I sure hope so:-)
Mom and me a few years back:-)




Pregnancy Highlights

How far along? 25weeks and 2 days

Size of the baby? cauliflower

Maternity Clothes? yuppers. I order some bikini tops for the summer (fortunately most of my bottoms still fit!)

Gender? Boy:-) Bryce Thomas:-)

Movement?  All of the time. Although if someone besides me touches my belly (which I really don't mind) he stops. Stubborn little thing.

Sleep? depends on the night.

Cravings? not really. Just trying to stay on top of my water intake! Well, Mexican food has been sounding really good.

Symptoms? Peeing still. Never going to get used to having to run to the bathroom every 15-30 minutes. A few headaches this week. 

Best Moment of the Week?  I had my first baby shower at work:-) It was really fun! I am excited about all of the diapers, clothes and gear I got! I love all of my teacher friends and they made me feel really special!

1 comment:

  1. Great post. Loved reading your tribute to your wonderful mom! You look like her, and I'm sure you'll be as good a mother as she is. :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think!