Saturday, November 6, 2010

Living Room for Now

Look at the transformation:-)
before view from dining room

before fire place
after view from the kitchen (flash on/night time)

View of fireplace. We took down the bulky mantle and I painted the wood around the fireplace black. My husband (and dad) spent 4 hours switching out the gaudy fan for this chic beauty.  I will have another post on the sconces you see on either side of the photograph.


 Daytime photos...
not quite sure what to hang on some of the walls, if anything?? 

the fold out table is temporary, haven't found anything I love yet.
(photo taken during the day- probably a more accurate paint color)

view from hallway. small tv is to the right of the pic.

My sofa/section is from Lane furniture (its the rotating picture on the home page). We bought it at a Furniture store called Guynn's and they have a store in Hillsville, Galax, Wytheville, and Independence, VA. It was the perfect compromise for me and my hubby. He wanted a sectional, I wanted separate pieces so I could rearrange often. This piece brakes into 6 separate pieces and you can set it up in TONS of different ways. I loooove it. It only came in grey or brown, and I was desperate for a darker gray sofa! Perfect! I plan on recovering the pillows with some fabric I bought from Above All Fabric. Just need a sewing machine...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think!