Sunday, July 18, 2010

Painting Sailboats

I have had a few sailboat  painting requests from family and friends. I have all of my paints in storage ( MISTAKE), but I am looking at paintings to get inspired. As always, google is my friend. This painting from Laurie's blog is super fun~ and inspiring.
Another idea I had was to do a Mark Rothko type painting, and add a minimilaistic smaller sailboat on the horizon. I should probably sketch this one out before I dive into painting.

and when ever I think of boats and painting- I think of The Raft of Medusa by Gericault. My paintings will not be so depressing, but the story behind Gericault's painting is really quite incredulous, and this is one of my FAVORITES from ar history- might help that I have seen it in the louvre- and it is MUCH bigger than I thougt. WHOLE. WALL. SIZED.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think!